03 October, 2011

Warm Like Ice

Fiction, make-believe
Monsters of modern folklore –
Mortal’s amusement.

You’re the one I love –
You’re the one I should not love
and yet we collide.

Adrift by nature
the lightness of this dispute –
Affection begins.

Lying next to you
Here in the world of darkness
My arms felt no warmth.

Fire and ice maybe
my flame goes like a meteor 
Unto your coldness.

Cold-hands take the heat
your grey eyes suddenly changed –
Watching it go green.

In a ring of whiff –
The scent of the cold-blooded
they’re here, they’re closer.

As the tension flood
these lightened candles around –
They suddenly died.

Hell against heaven
We are expecting no hope
Destiny’s cruel.

And then it struck me
for the first time I felt cold
it’s my fate, don’t cry.

1 comment:

  1. A winner for me!

    Kapag ang kwentista ang sumubok tumula, iba ang hagod ng mga linya. Hitik sa drama, at talagang nag-uumapaw ang emosyon. Gusto ko yung ginawang symbology ng fire and ice sa tula bilang paglalarawan sa nagbabangayang emosyon o feeling ng init at panlalamig kapag tayo'y umiibig.

    Keep Writing!

    ReplyDelete